torstai 4. kesäkuuta 2015

Ha Noi living

So this time in English to let my international friends know what I'm talking about..

Plans change and for me they changed fast. First, I was looking forward to and preparing myself for the months I was going to spend in Kathmandu, Nepal. Secondly, mother earth wanted to remind us of its power and thirdly I was searching for flights to Hanoi, Vietnam.

Well, now I'm here and familiar with the cultural differences (traffic, food and customs) and my work here. I couldn't have asked for better people around me! All the uncomfortable issues back home are constantly in my mind but these people make me get over them with their constant interest towards me including the spamming on my FB wall (thank you Kimberley).

Basically, me and 5 other international interns are teaching English and cultural knowledge to local youngsters aged between 15 and 25 with the local AIESEC organizing committee. We've only had 2 classes so far but they've both been an educating experience for all of us. Telling about me and my culture, getting to know with our students and building a great team spirit among the course has been rewarding and I'm sure it will be for the rest of the weeks as well.

Me and my roomates, Sean, Shan Ling and Kimberley (yes they're all from Hong Kong), have been around the city and planned short trips to for example Ha Long Bay and Sapa rice fields. Travelling as well as everything else is really cheap here and when you're out here you just want to take the most out of it without overthinking your account balancy. While I was hesitating about leaving here my mom told me wisely: "You will always find money from somewhere."

That's it! Almost two weeks down and 3 left. Can not wait what this journey will bring me next!

If you want to follow my journey in south-east Asia and later on in Europe, you can do it on instagram (@konttinenilari) or basically anywhere you can find me. Xin chao!

Ilari

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti